Please make sure you complete all the steps for the final manuscript submission before the deadline (27 April 2018).
1) Preparation of Your Final Manuscript
The final camera-ready manuscript of your paper should account for all the critical reviewers’ feedback.
The paper should follow the standard IEEE conference templates with A4 formats that can be found at:
Please, pay particular attention to the page margins, which should be as follows:
- A4: Top: 1.9 cm, Bottom: 4.29 cm, Left and Right margins: 1.29 cm
The paper should not include any header or footer information in the top/bottom margins (e.g. do not include page numbers, copyright notices, etc.).
The maximum paper length is 7 pages. Authors with more than 5 pages papers should pay for the extra pages (6th or 7th page – 100 € charge per page). Papers exceeding 7 pages will not be accepted by EDAS.
Proofread your source document thoroughly as there will be no possibility for further revision.
2) Generation of the PDF file and validation of the manuscript by IEEE PDF eXpress
Prior to submission, the final manuscript PDF file must be validated by IEEE PDF eXpress to ensure that it is IEEE Xplore-compliant.
- Log in to the following link: http://www.pdf-express.org/plus/
- If you are a new user, select ‘New Users – Click here’ and enter the Conference ID (see below), your email address and choose a password. If you have used previously PDF eXpress you should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences.
- The ICT’2018 conference ID is the following: 42535XP.
Once inside PDF eXpress you have two options:
- Option 1 (Recommended) You can generate the PDF file from your source files (e.g. MS Word) and the generated PDF file will be IEEE Xplore-compliant. For executing this option, you have to select “Create New Title”, introduce the title of the paper, and then upload the source files. Once the file is converted, download it. This will be the final manuscript file that you will have to upload later on in EDAS.
- Option 2 You can validate a PDF file generated previously with any other tool. If you choose this option, please make sure that all the fonts are embedded, there are no bookmarks and no links (URLs). For executing this option, you have to select “Create New Title”, introduce the title of the paper, and then upload your PDF file. Once the status of the file indicates “PDF Passed PDF check; PDF is IEEE Xplore compatible”, download it from PDF eXpress. This will be the final manuscript file that you will have to upload later on in EDAS (please note that EDAS will not allow you to upload the initial PDF file, but the validated and certified file that you download from PDF eXpress).
In order for your paper(s) to be published in the ICT’2018 Conference Proceedings and IEEE Xplore, an author (including students) of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the Full (member or non-member) rate on before 18 May 2018. Registration is valid for up to 3 papers from the same author with one full registration for first paper, and a reduced registration of 200 € per additional papers. Details on the early bird and late registration rates are available at: http://ict-2018.org/registration/
4) The registration process will not be performed over EDAS. To proceed for the registration go to the following link and follow the instructions:
-Note that the deadline to register your paper is the 18 May 2018. Without registration your paper will neither be in of the conference proceedings nor at the IEEE Xplore data base.
5) Submission of IEEE Copyright: The IEEE Copyright should be submitted from EDAS. You should go to the EDAS page of your paper, select the “Copyright Form” button and follow the instructions.
6) Upload final manuscript in EDAS in the EDAS page of your paper, select the “Final Manuscript” button and follow the instructions to upload the PDF file with the final manuscript of your paper that has been previously obtained from PDF eXpress.
The hard deadline for submitting the final manuscript and copyright is 27 April 2018.
Deadline to proceed for the conference registration is 18 May 2018.
If you have problems during the submission of the final manuscript, please contact the ICT’2018 chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your problems are related to the use of IEEE PDF eXpress, access the Publications Support Center for IEEE PDF eXpress. If you do not find an answer in the Find Answers tab, go to the Submit A Question tab. Your question will be forwarded to IEEE PDF Support and answered within 3 business days.